• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool WDF510PAYWA Dishwasher Warming, not Heating

CraigNC

Premium Member
Model Number
WDF510PAYWA
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello -

My Whirlpool WDF510PAYWA dishwasher is warming, but definitely not heating the water to proper temperature. It runs through all the cycles normally otherwise.
I have replaced the heating element and the thermostat, neither of which solved the problem. Obviously it's something else - any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you absolutely sure the COLD water supply line is NOT going to the dishwasher? I'm seen this happen many times on my service calls. When the dishwasher is installed the installer connects the COLD water supply line to the dishwasher.

It needs the HOT water supply line to the dishwasher.

The way you can tell is run the HOT water at the sink first and make sure the water is very hot coming out the sink faucet, then start the dishwasher and after the dishwasher fills open the door and feel the water in the bottom of the tub to see if its HOT.

Jake

CraigNC

Premium Member
Well... I'll double check but nothing has changed with the water supply, and this same dishwasher used to heat the water properly.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok good,

Now run the HOT water at the sink first and make sure the water is very hot coming out the sink faucet, then start the dishwasher and after the dishwasher fills open the door and feel the water in the bottom of the tub to see if its HOT.

If you have a thermometer take the temperature of the water too, it should be about 120 degrees.

Jake

CraigNC

Premium Member
Yes, hot water is running at the sink and same temp when it runs into the dishwasher. The problem seems to be that the heating element is not properly boosting the temperature. So since I’ve replaced the element and thermostat, what is left to check? Is it a control panel problem at this point?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, the only part left that controls the heating element is the control board.

Here's the control board for your model:
W10804121 Cntrl-Elec

Jake

CraigNC

Premium Member
Hmmm.... it says that's not compatible with WDF510PAYWA. Looks like one might not be available for this model

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sometimes AppliancePartsPros compatibility checker is not always up to date.

Its the correct control board for your model, look here:
Screenshot 2021-12-18 17.49.55.png

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome!

Let us know how it goes.

Jake