Whirlpool WDT780SAEM1 only 3.5volts at pump

Bryantom

Model Number
WDT780SAEM1
Brand
Whirlpool
So dishwasher hasn't been cleaning and I noticed that there was no steam, so i assumed bad element because when i opened the door i could see the arms spinning and the water was ice cold, so ordered a new element and when i pulled the dishwasher i decided to do a continuity test on the element before removing and turns out the element was fine. at this time i ran a diagnostic cycle and the element worked just fine, but now the spray pump motor isn't running. with a meter i am only getting 3.5 volts ac at the motor. its my understanding it should be 120. could this be one of the fuses on the control panel or do i need to just replace the whole panel?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you absolutely sure you are only getting 3.5 volts AC to the wash motor when it should be running? I'd double check to make sure.

9 out of 10 times its a bad wash motor on these models. Many members have needed to replace this same wash motor for the same reason. I even replaced two of these exact same wash motor assemblies myself in my local area for my customers last September, and it fixed them both.

Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle. His Kenmore 665 made by Whirlpool uses the exact same wash motor yours does.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use your multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the wash motor below.

Here it is for your model you can order:
Pump and Motor Assembly WPW10605057

Let us know how it goes.

Jake