• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ0 leaking from bottom of door

DaKahuna

Premium Member
Model Number
WDTA50SAHZ0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello, last night all of a sudden this dishwasher started dumping water out the whole bottom edge of the door. I would hear the whoosh of the spray bar followed by a splash which ended up being water hitting the floor. Basically across the whole front edge and timed more or less with the spray bar. When it comes around, it leaks across most of the front. At a glance everything looks OK. Nothing obviously broken or damaged, but clearly there is.

Can someone point me in the right direction on debugging this issue?

Thanks!

DaKahuna

Premium Member
I actually stuck the camera in a sandwich bag, lol.

Yes, it was the spray arm. The whole side of it had split and it was spaying water out of the seams. That looks to be what was hitting that gap and making water come out. Replacing the arm fixed this. Really poor design on these machines. It's not meant to be serviced in any way, even just to clean the openings. This is a pretty new dishwasher and I've already replaced a bunch of stuff on it. That and the really dumb thing is that front edge really doesn't have a water proof seal. It's a dishwasher and they don't seal that front edge? That seems just nuts to me.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sorry DaKahuna we must of missed your thread by accident back in June. Glad to hear the new lower spray arm fixed it.(y)

A couple other members had this same problem and the new lower spray arm fixed theirs too:

Here's the lower spray arm for your model:
W10837249 Arm-Spray

Wozzer, if you have the same model WDTA50SAHZ0 that is the lower spray arm you can order for yours.

Jake