• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool WEE510S0FS2 electric range not working clock flashes 12:00 board clicks no error codes

Billlove

Premium Member
Model Number
WEE510S0FS2
Brand
Whirlpool
My electric range, model WEE510S0FS2, is less than 2 years old. It just quit working. The clock flashes 12:00 and the control board clicks about every 5 seconds. I cannot enter diagnostic mode and I get no error codes. I have power at the wall and at the terminals the cord plugs into.

Billlove

Premium Member
I removed main board checked to see if all plugs were connected properly. I had a friend that has the same range, except his does not have expandable burners. His board is identical, except where I assume the burners that expand plug in has only 2 terminals instead of 4 and 2 less relays. My board is pictured first. Plugging in his board I get the same thing.

Attachments

• 20220728_110127.jpg
    20220728_110127.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Billlove

Premium Member
Could not put both pics in same post. This is my friends board.

Attachments

• 20220728_110847.jpg rotated.jpg
    20220728_110847.jpg rotated.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 18

Billlove

Premium Member
Part number on my board and touch pad is W10806890 REV G...also known as W10894890
on my friends it is W10806886 REV G...also known as W10894095
BOTH boards have the number...W10804721 B...on the bottom of the part number tag.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Billlove

Premium Member
I do not know if my board can be tested or if you can only give me your expert opinion from what I have told you if it is the board. Since I get no codes and cannot get into the diagnostic mode I do not know what to do. I will be happy to answer any questions you may ask or try anything to narrow it down, if I have not given you enough information.
Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the problem is the board, seen this many times on my service calls.

Jake

Billlove

Premium Member
Yes, the problem is the board, seen this many times on my service calls.

Jake
Thank you Jake, I will get one ordered on Monday now that they are back in stock. Waited over 2 weeks for them to get them at places that don't charge $505.00 for them.
One other question for you...One place has them for $275 with 1 year warranty, another has them for the $285 but you can buy a 3 year warranty for another $84.00. So in essence you get 2 years extended for another 100 bucks.
What do you think based on your experience?
I will keep you informed.
Bill

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Billlove

Premium Member
Jake, I got the new board from Appliance parts pros. I am getting exactly the same thing!!!
The first tech I talked to said to check for 120 volts at the ribbon cable that attaches the touch pad to the board. There are like 14 leads there. I get 3 volts at some no volts at others.
I do not know if you have access to a wiring diagram. I am no electrician but it looks like P1 the 2 lead plug with a white and gray (they call it black) is power to the board but I am getting 138 volts. I thought the transformer was on the board and if that is the case shouldn't the power to the board be 240? Maybe the power is split before it gets to the board, I just don't know.
I am totally lost and confused.
Can you help me please!!!
Bill

Attachments

• 20220802_144541.jpg
    20220802_144541.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220802_145508.jpg
    20220802_145508.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 19

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the tech. data sheet below.

Do Diagnostics Mode and Diagnostics TEST Mode on page 2.

Do Failure/Error Display Codes on Page 3. Its also tells you what Connector and Pins to test for voltage.

Jake

Attachments

• tech-sheet-w11336174-reva.pdf
    590.2 KB · Views: 18

Billlove

Premium Member
Jake as I said in my first post...I cannot enter diagnostic mode. Since they do not come up when power is turned on and I cannot enter diagnostic mode I cannot get any error codes.
I will try to check resistance per the "component testing chart" but since it states the components must be on to test for voltage and I cannot turn any of them on I cannot test for voltage...unless you have other suggestions.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very strange. I would need to come to your house and see what's going on, this is very unusual.

You can contact Whirlpool at 1-866-698-2538 and have a tech come out, the tech can call the factory on a special FACTORY HOTLINE tech number from your house, and the factory can get involved in investigating what the problem could be.

Jake

Billlove

Premium Member
Long commute Jake, but you are welcome to pop in. I am on the farm all the time.
Changed out the breaker with the one from my dryer that I know is good, even though it was less than 2 years old.
NO Difference!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thankya Sir, would love to come by, I love farms and ranches.:)

I owned 31 acres in Arizona next to my Cattle Rancher friend.

But, I would even need to call the factory on that special FACTORY HOTLINE tech number from your house, so the factory can get involved in investigating what the problem could be with me.

Billlove

Premium Member
BTW I am getting a 40 volt drop across the white to black wires with the board plugged in and clicking and the same drop from the red to black red to white stays a steady 120 white to black drops to 70 to 80 and red to black drops to 190 to 200 this happens right after the click which I think if coming from the control lock relay and the front left burner relay.
Maybe that gives you an idea.

Here in northern IL Whirlpool links you directly to Diamond factory service when you try to set up a tech call. They get $125 to come out and then charge you an hourly rat, how much I do not know while they are here. Sounds like a 2 or 3 hundred dollar service call to me. If someone doesn't have any good ideas I think I have a boat anchor and a board I can't use.
Not very happy. Really wishing I had bought the bare bones Amana for 1/3 the price.
Bill

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I am getting a 40 volt drop across the white to black wires with the board plugged in and clicking and the same drop from the red to black red to white stays a steady 120 white to black drops to 70 to 80 and red to black drops to 190 to 200 this happens right after the click which I think if coming from the control lock relay and the front left burner relay.
Sounds like a breaker or neutral problem, it should not be dropping volts like that.

Jake

Billlove

Premium Member
I changed out breaker with one from my dryer that I know works, neutral checks ok too.
If it was bad neutral wouldn't both sides show a drop since white is neutral and I am testing red to white then black to white?
It only has a drop when the board is plugged in too.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Possibly its Ghost Voltage(aka floating neutral).

Did you read page 32 of that service manual @bigbuck posted in post #8 and check the voltages first?

Page 32 is mainly how to check for ghost voltage(aka floating neutral) no matter what control board you have.:)

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.