Whirlpool WFC7500VW0 not spinning

Gandy

Premium Member
Model Number
WFC7500VW0
Brand
Whirlpool
Our Whirlpool WFC7500VW0 (compact front loader)is acting up. I replaced the door latch and switch as it wasn't always starting the cycle. That appears fixed. Along with that issue, the washer sometimes doesn't spin/high speed spin to complete the cycle. Two loads ran fine yesterday, the third went to about 12 on the countdown and then ended. Now it won't complete a cycle. Seems likely its the MCU or the CCU but which?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

When it drains pull the drain hose up from the drain pipe and watch how fast the water pumps out, it should pump out extremely fast.

If that's fine, then unplug the washer from the wall outlet, then remove the MCU and check for any burnt spots on the circuit board. If you see burnt spots on it, then its causing this problem.

Here's the MCU for your model:
Motor Control Board WPW10192965

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you see a burnt spot on it?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes usually the MCU is the culprit when it does that. The good thing is that if the MCU does not fix it, you can return it for a full refund, less shipping.

I just located the repair manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzvgAyLTSh14dHJrSnQ0QVMzTDA

There is a diagnostics test on page 6-8 you can try to do as well.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Ming Ming,

As far as testing the MCU other than looking for burnt spots on it, I don't see any way to test it per the service manual I posted in post #6.

Hopefully another tech. that's run into this problem and fixed it can shed some light on this for us.

Jake

Gandy

Premium Member
Swapped out the MCU today. Made no difference. Ran a cycle to about 10 then ended. Guess I'll try the CCU next. Won't be long before a new washer would have made better sense!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So no cycles will start at all now?

You can return the MCU for a full refund, less shipping.

Here's the CCU for your model:

Jake

Gandy

Premium Member
I have the CCU. Swapped it out and went to test. The green wash light is lit up even when the dial is "Off".

Looked more closely.The original is marked 11011AE on a blue sticker, the replacement is marked 11011AH. Did I get an incorrect part? Any other ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Contact RepairClinic and ask them about your replacement CCU.

Jake

Gandy

Premium Member
Solved the problem with the light. I mispositioned the dial into the CCU. Corrected that.

We tried a rinse/spin cycle. Went through to about 10 and shut off. With a new MCU and CCU what's left to try?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I do not know, never seen that happen before. You'll need to have Whirlpool come out to see what's going on.

There's nothing else to try.

Jake