• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool WFE540H0ES0 oven not working

Stie

Premium Member
Model Number
WFE540H0ES0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi all,

A couple days ago my oven stopped working so I did check the elements to find out that the bake element was open. I just received the new one today and installed it but no luck the oven is still not working and I noticed that the relays are not coming on (no tick).
I went in diagnostic mode to see if there were any error but no error there, and did the relay tests for both the bake & broil elements from the diag mode but no luck with those relays (no tick)
Finally I removed the control module to do some tests, so If I provide the voltage for the relays they work fine but when in operation there's no 12v going to those relays.

Any idea what on that board or elsewhere could cause this kind of problem ?
Also anybody know if it's possible to find the schematics for that control board ? (part wpw10586736)

Thanks
Stie.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I'd first ohm test your thermal fuse, if that is blown it will never heat period.:)

You will need a multimeter to ohm test your thermal fuse first for continuity.

Pull your range out from the wall, then unplug it, then take off the back access panel#22 and your thermal fuse is #17 take both wires off of it before ohm testing it.

Here's the parts diagram for your model:

#22 Back access panel
#17 Thermal fuse

Here's the thermal fuse for your model:
Thermal Fuse WP3196548

HOW TO access/ohm test Video included in part link.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Stie

Premium Member
Thanks for your reply, I have continuity on the thermal fuse, I also checked the oven temperature sensor and I have +/- 1.1 Kohm

EDIT:
Just an update to say someone with a fat finger (probably me:mad:) hit the start time button for 10 seconds so the unit was in demo mode .It's now back to normal mode.

So now I can hear the tick of the relays:) , the broil is working but when I try the bake button I hear the tick of the relay but it stop as soon as it start and the time on the control panel start to blink.
It's also doing the same thing when I try the convect (probably because it use the bake element)

Any new idea ?

Thanks
Stie

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Stie, since the thermal fuse is good, then the only part left that would cause this is the clock oven control board.

Here's the clock oven control board for your model:
Oven Control Board WPW10586737

You get a $60 credit back on your credit card when you return the old one.

Whirlpool doesn't supply schematics for the clock oven control board.

Jake

Stie

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply, too bad that no schematic are available for those boards they are expensive for what they have on it.

I'll probably try to fix it anyway and if I'm not able then I'll probably just buy another appliance.

Thanks
Stie.