• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool WFG515S0ES0 Gas Range oven bake igniter will click several times but will never ignite the gas

n_vaughan77

Premium Member
Model Number
WFG515S0ES0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello everyone,

I've been having an issue with this gas range for the past several months and after working on it a few times, I've pretty much run out of ideas to eliminate the issue. The issue that occurs is that the igniter will click several times but will never ignite the gas to preheat the oven. I've replaced the igniter twice in the past 7 months and am now having this same problem occur again around a month after the second replacement. It starts happening intermittently, but quickly becomes a chronic issue. Is it safe to say that something else other than the igniter is causing this to keep occurring?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you getting the OEM Whirlpool oven bake spark ignitor? The aftermarket ones won't work.

Here's the OEM Whirlpool bake spark igniter for your model:
WP9758079 Oven Igniter

Here's the OEM bake burner assembly for your model:
WP9758078 Burnr-Oven

Also--->Unplug the range first! Then Remove the bake burner assembly and where the igniter sparks you'll see small port holes. Take a wire brush and clean the burner assembly. Be sure to get the small port holes next to the igniter.

Also check the rest of the small port holes on the oven bake burner assembly, lots of the small port holes may be partially clogged/gunked up.

Jake

n_vaughan77

Premium Member
I did get an OEM one the first time I replaced and it lasted about 6 months. I will take a look at the bake burner assembly and see what I've got.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, All parts you order through our links and banners are OEM parts and come with a 365 day warranty.

Jake