• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool WFG515S0ES0 gas range oven does not maintain temperature

ThoughtsByFiddl

Premium Member
Model Number
WFG515S0ES0
Brand
Whirlpool
I am having a problem with my Whirlpool Gas Range Oven model WFG515S0ES0. I have replaced the ignitor already because a few weeks ago the oven would not light at all. Now, the new ignitor works and the oven does light, but, the oven will not maintain the temperature.

The oven will heat up to whatever temperature you choose, but, then after about 30 mins I would estimate, the temperature drops but the temperature on the screen does not change. I then have to hit the cancel button and then restart the oven in which it does then relight and will got back to whatever temperature setting you choose. Does anyone know what else could be wrong and why this would be happening?

Corrected model number

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Can you recheck your model number nothing comes up with that one. Measure the resistance of the oven sensor. It should be around 1100Ω at room temperature.

rickgburton

Staff member
The oven sensor is in the oven on the back wall. You'll need a DMM that can measure resistance/ohms.
C-Oven Sensor.jpg

ThoughtsByFiddl

Premium Member
Rick
Model number update. Sorry I have a miss type on the model number. WFG515S0ES0. That is the correct number.

Last edited:

rickgburton

Staff member

rickgburton

Staff member
The ERC (Electronic Range Control). That's a $400 control board so Let's make sure we're on the same page. This is what you said earlier:
The oven sensor was not putting out 1100 ohms.
The sensor is a variable resistor that changes its value with temperature. It doesn't actually "put out" anything, you're just measuring the resistance to see if it matches the temperature. If yours wasn't 1100Ω, what was it's resistance? At room temperature?

ThoughtsByFiddl

Premium Member
Rick
Yeah we are on the same page. Yes, it was room temperature from the reading I got. I was just curious if the sensor wasn't the problem what else would cause this problem. So, basically, if the sensor does not solve the problem it is the electronic range board?
Thank you for answering me and your help Rick.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick is right, but it can vary from 1050 ohms to 1100 ohms, what exact ohms did yours ohm out at?

Here's the ERC for your model below, you get a $60 credit on your credit card when you return your old one.

Oven Control Board WPW10348656

Jake

ThoughtsByFiddl

Premium Member
Thank you Jake and Rick. Honestly if I got to spend that kind of money to replace a control board I might as well buy a new stove at this point. If it was just the sensor I would replace it. Thank you both for all your help I really appreciate it.

rickgburton

Staff member