• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Whirlpool WFW72HEDW0 won’t reset from F8 E1 error code

63Denied

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW72HEDW0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello All! Hope I can get this figured out. This forum has helped out multiple times for other projects I had. Here’s the background.

My front load washer had an error code F9 E1 and about half the load of water was still resting in the bottom. This error code pointed to a possible plugged coin trap (which had happened previously) and I went thru the instructions to clear that. It was filled with two handfuls of coins, some of the Pennie’s had worn down to half their normal size!

An important point here is that, in order to get to the machine, I had to turn off the water, undo the water lines, and slide it away from the wall.

After clearing the trap, I put everything together, plugged in the washer (no error code) and started a quick wash to make sure everything was working. I came back downstairs and had the F8 E1 code. After looking that up I realized I had forgotten to turn the water back on. I did so, unplugged the machine to reset it, plugged it back in and immediately got the same code.

I took the hoses off from the back of the machine and cleaned out the screens in the inlet valve, reassembled, same code. I ordered a new valve assembly, thinking the valves had maybe been damaged, put in the new assembly, same code. I am now at a loss and prepared to junk the washer. Hopefully you can help. Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I was at a customers house in Blythe, CA. a couple years ago and had this exact same error code F8 E1 and I cleaned out their air dome and blow through the pressure switch hose, and they haven't called back since. Try that on yours first too.

Here's the air dome for your model(Video is included in this part link to remove it):
Air Dome W10903220

Also, I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, on Page 7 DO--->Clearing Fault Codes
To clear fault codes, enter Service Diagnostic mode. Then press and hold the 3rd button used to enter Service Diagnostic mode for 5 seconds. Once the fault codes are successfully erased, the seven segment display will show “888” or “88”.

Jake

Attachments

• W10602465-RevB.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 72

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

63Denied

Premium Member
Success! Thank you Jake. Having the reset procedure helped a lot. I blew everything out as you suggested but still had the error code. Resetting it with the technical guide worked. Thank you so much. That’s three times this forum has saved me. I’m going now to the donation page!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job, glad that fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update and donation!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.