Whirlpool WFW9200SQA12 washer leaks

jeffktec

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW9200SQA12
Brand
Whirlpool
my washer seams to leak from the dispenser tube where it meets the door gasket. i replaced the seal at the dispenser because that was leaking. is there a trick or something to get that tube to not leak at the door gasket? the boot has no tears or cracks that i can see. or is there some where else i should be looking? also it makes noise- knocking and rattling when spinning, is this the bearing going out. it is 10 years old. thanks for any info. im off to bed, will check back tomorrow. thanks jeff

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the dispenser parts diagram:
Are you referring to the seal #21 and the hose #22?

Here's the tub and basket parts diagram:
#11 is your inner spin basket, lots of times I see the spider supports arms on the rear of it start cracking and breaking thus you get that knocking/rattling noise in the spin cycle.

It could also be the spin bearing which is located in the outer tub assembly #8, but its no longer available.

Jake

jeffktec

Premium Member
i REPLACED SEAL #21, now it seems to leak at the bottom of #22 where it goes into the door gasket. this does not have a gasket it just slides into the door gasket

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that tube must be seated properly in the bellows(rubber boot).

Here's the bellows for your model, click the link to it and you will see a video on how it should be seated in the bellows:

Jake

jeffktec

Premium Member
After laying on my back flashlight in hand I have found the water leak. It seems to be coming from the dispenser drawer when the rinse cycle starts. Is there any common problems or things I can try. Do the little holes that are in the top get clogged . Thanks for any help and ideals, . Jeff

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Jeff, let's make sure we keep the posts for this problem in the same thread.:)

1. HOSE (Semi transparent hose)- Whirlpool WPW10005300 Hose (goes from dispenser outlet through bellows to feed water to tub)
2. SEAL - Whirlpool WP8181747 Seal (seals the gap between the dispenser outlet and HOSE

Its possibly the WPW10005300 Hose and WP8181747 Seal you will need.

OR

You may have a hairline crack in the dispenser housing, which they no longer make.

At any rate your machine is on its last legs with your inner tub support failing per that knocking and rattling sound you hear in spin. You may want to go washer shopping, no sense in buying parts that are starting to become no longer available Jeff.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, no worries Jeff. (y)

Jake