• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool WOC54EC0AS01: 'Function Not Available' on all functions of both Microwave & Oven

Ih8whirlpool

Premium Member
Model Number
WOC54EC0AS01
Brand
Whirlpool
3 year old Whirlpool wall-oven/microwave combo.

Pretty much all of the functionality on the whole unit is gone. Most of the buttons return error code "Function Not Available" -- for both the microwave and oven.

The clock and timer still work, so clearly its registering some sort of user input.

It does enter diagnostic mode by hitting CANCEL+CANCEL+START and I can even get the fan to kick on for a test.

No power outages -- just randomly stopped working. I have power cycled, power drained for 5 minutes, numerous times. No effect.

We have had 3 different appliance technicians to diagnose the issue and none of them have ever seen this issue. One of them had a fresh control board, so he swapped it out, hoping that was the problem. No luck. Problem still persisted.

At a complete loss -- please help!!!

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Look here at post#5: FIXED: WOC54EC0AS Oven Feature Not Available

The solution ended up being replacing the electronic control board, part # WPW10632435. After removing the four screws from the wall and placing the oven on the ground, it was very easy to dissemble the unit to replace the board. Just make sure that you have someone to help gently remove the oven from the wall.
Your model uses that exact same control board. Did the tech. replace that control board?

Jake

Ih8whirlpool

Premium Member
Thanks for replying Jake. I believe he did try and replace the control board. The technician mentioned it would likely be the control board or user interface -- he then attempted to replace the control board, he had a spare in the vehicle, but yielded the same results.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, Was he a authorized Whirlpool tech?

If not, you will need to call Whirlpool at 1-800-253-1301 and have their tech come out, because if that board does not fix it, the Whirlpool tech. has a hotline phone number to call the factory and the factory will tell him or her how to fix it.

Jake

Dianamiami17

Premium Member
Ok, Was he a authorized Whirlpool tech?

If not, you will need to call Whirlpool at 1-800-253-1301 and have their tech come out, because if that board does not fix it, the Whirlpool tech. has a hotline phone number to call the factory and the factory will tell him or her how to fix it.

Jake

Jake I have the same issue and I was wondering if we can call and they will help us even if we didn't purchase the extended guaranty? Otherwise... Where can I call to get the appliance checked? I have the same message " no feature available" and after running the diagnostic
I got the following message: " check broil wiring position K1 P3-1 or broil element" ???

What Can I do???

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You need to be a authorized tech to call the factory hotline.

Jake

Dianamiami17

Premium Member
Understood. In this case, there is anything I can do to fix the situation? or do you recommend to call any service? I am unable to use the microwave or the oven, I am desperate!

Thanks
DIANA

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Diana contact Whirlpool at 1-866-698-2538 to have a authorized tech come out for yours.

Jake