• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool WRF560SFYW04 freezer is working fine, fridge compartment won't cool below 9 degrees celsius

Travis T

Model Number
WRF560SFYW04
Brand
Whirlpool
A while ago, an item fell behind my freezer shelf and caused the freezer door to be stuck slightly open. This caused my condenser to freeze up and i noticed the fridge was getting warm, took the cover off and defrosted the condenser and components, checked everything over quickly and fired the fridge back up thinking the issue would be solved. The next morning, the fridge compartment is still not cold. I resolved to wait awhile longer to see if it just needed time, but late that evening it was still stuck around 9 degrees celsius. I checked the condenser again, a very small amount of frost was present but not much. Ran the service diagnostic mode and seems like everything is working properly.. evap fan runs, damper seems to work, defrost heater gets hot, condensation drain is fine, and no error lights were returned for the thermistors. Compressor and condenser fan are running fine. So i guess i'm at a loss as to what to do next.

We did have a power outage for roughly 3 seconds around the same time these issues started as well, but i can't see any degraded electronic parts and the fridge doesn't return errors during the service diagnostic.

Included a picture of the condenser unit in case anyone sees anything strange. The bend of my defrost heater looks a bit off to me.

Attachments

• 16479914423403314178551898503545.jpg
    16479914423403314178551898503545.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 30

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good Morning Travis, You keep saying condenser coil, its the evaporator coil in your freezer.:)

I checked the condenser again, a very small amount of frost was present but not much.
You have a sealed system problem then, look at the very bottom photo below of a NORMAL FROST PATTERN.

Frost Patterns.jpg