• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool WRF757SDHZ buzz and also refrigerator recs

muleschooler

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF757SDHZ
Brand
Whirlpool
We just replaced our Kitchenaid KRFF707ESS because the vent behind the bottom refrigerator drawer keep freezing over. We got a Whirlpool WRF757SDHZ and the storage is laid out great but it's noisy. More often than not it makes a buzzing sound. I thought it was a defect and Best Buy just swapped it with a new one, which makes the same buzz. It drives me crazy and I've never heard a fridge consistently make this noise. Since both have buzzed I'm guessing it's normal but is there anything to do to make it quiet?

Alternately, Best Buy will allow us to swap with a different brand/model. Can anyone recommend a dependable and quiet french door with 27/28 cu ft capacity in the $3K price range? I like the looks of the GE Profile PFE28KYNFS but don't know how reliable/quiet they are. Same thing with the Frigidaire FRFS2823AS and have also read Frigidaire's lower cost comes with issues. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

muleschooler

Premium Member
Here’s a video of the buzz. Ignore the clicking. It doesn’t do that frequently and just happened to be occurring when I videoed.

Attachments

• IMG_0989.MOV
    12.9 MB

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't hear any buzzing sound in that video, barely any sound at all.

No matter what refrigerator you get, it will make noise of some kind, no refrigerator can ever work sounding completely dead silent. Its just NOT possible.

Jake

muleschooler

Premium Member
Thank you for the reply. I know refrigerators are not meant to be silent but this one is definitely more consistently loud than others I’ve had. Is it a good model in your opinion? And do you think swapping out for a GE profile PFE28KYNFS or PFD28KYNFS would be wise? Or a Bosch B36FD50SNS?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, This Whirlpool model is very good.

And do you think swapping out for a GE profile PFE28KYNFS or PFD28KYNFS would be wise? Or a Bosch B36FD50SNS?
IMO, No.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't know much about Bosch, since I was never trained or worked on them when I worked at Montgomery Ward and Sears.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.