• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool WRF989SDAH00 Problem Is Driving Me Mad! Not Cooling at all

Model Number
WRF989SDAH00
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool fridge. Model: WRF989SDAH00 SN: K24608105. It has completely stopped cooling anything. The freezer and fridge and both room temperature. I am trying not to spend too much. I can’t figure out the problem. I troubleshot it using the control panel. The compressor is making proper noise. The compressor fan is working and is clean.

The coils have been cleaned. Unplugged for long periods and replugged it back in an attempt to reset it. I don’t know what to do. I’m very stressed out about this issue.

The fridge is 5 years old. It was not purchased through Whirlpool or a fridge store. It was purchased from a friend who was moving for military. Was working fine than just all stopped one day. I have been dealing with unreliable techs. Some did not show, many said they do not fix this type of problem (like what?), some have attempted to scam me by saying it’s $300+ dollars just to diagnose.

I don’t think this process should be this complicated. I will work it through with anyone willing to help. I would like someone who can be patient and provide useful insight on what could be happening. I hope this can be solved without having to buy a new fridge. Thank you for your time.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It has completely stopped cooling anything. The freezer and fridge and both room temperature.
The compressor is making proper noise. The compressor fan is working and is clean.
Ok, since the compressor and condenser fan are both running fine, that indicates you have a sealed system problem.

The sealed system consists of the compressor, condenser, evaporator, heat exchanger, filter/drier and refrigerant. Common problems with a sealed system are bad compressors, refrigerant leaks, and system restrictions.

I did locate a service bulletin it may apply to your situation, I'm attaching it below.

You can contact Whirlpool at 1-866-698-2538 and have a Whirlpool Authorized tech come out to verify if that is the case.

Jake

Attachments

• service-pointer-w10666205-reve.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.