• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool WRT311FZDW00 Leaking from top, and fridge not cooling

redinfluence

Premium Member
Model Number
WRT311FZDW00
Brand
Whirlpool
Bought a used Whirlpool WRT311FZDW00 refrigerator a few months ago. It was installed, and both the top freezer and bottom refrigerator were working great. Up until recently, we noticed that the temperature in the refrigerator section was not cooling like it used to. We tried turning the thermostat, but no change. We also noticed that there is water that accumulates on the top shelf. Looking at the top of the fridge, we can clearly see drips of water. At this time, the top freezer section appears to still be working.

I have not tried any maintenance or repairs yet, as I am not even sure where to start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you hear the freezer(evaporator) fan motor running when you open the freezer door? That sends the cold air down to the refrigerator section.

Here's the evaporator fan motor for your model:
WP2315539 Motor-Evap

This video shows you how to access it:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

redinfluence

Premium Member
Thank you for the reply. I open the freezer and i do hear noise. I'm not sure how loud this fan is going to be.

I was thinking it may have been a drain that was frozen over, as per this video. I know its a different model though so maybe not:

Is it safe to take the back off, like in your video, then plug it in to see if the fan is rotating?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member