• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool WRV986FDEM01 french door ice dispenser intermittently not working

pablo1669

Premium Member
Model Number
WRV986FDEM01
Brand
Whirlpool
I have the WRV986FDEM01 fridge and the in door ice maker makes ice just fine, but half the time I try to use the dispenser, it just does nothing but makes an angry noise. Just seems like one day it works fine, then the next day it won't.

I did a lot of searching here and see some threads about this ice maker not making ice, but I have a problem with the dispenser. I'm assuming it's the motor and might need to be replaced, which I can do, but I saw this thread and was hoping there were some service tests I could perform related to the dispenser.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If the auger motor is getting power but just hums or makes a angry noise and doesn't turn at times, that indicates the auger motor is starting to fail.

Here's the auger motor for your model you can order:
Auger Motor W10822606

Jake

pablo1669

Premium Member
Thank you, I had a feeling this would be the case. I was just hoping maybe there was a way to confirm it before buying a new motor and having it be something else.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you can verify the voltage.

Locate connector P3 on the main control board and put your meter on DC Volts and put the meter probes on P3-7 and P3-8 with the doors closed and the ice dispenser lever actuated you should get 130-140 Volts DC.

I'm attaching your tech data sheet below that shows you that.

Jake

Attachments

• WRV986FDEM01 Tech Sheet - W10835526 - Rev B.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 162