FIXED Whirlpool WRV986FDEM01 Interior Lights, Water Dispenser, Ice Maker not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gdsmith07

Model Number
WRV986FDEM01
Brand
Whirlpool
Last night I went to get some water and the water dispenser was shutting itself off about every 8 ounces. It being late I decided it was probably just on an 8 ounce setting and I’d fix it in the morning. This morning I woke up and went to get some water and pushed the tongue and nothing came out. Remembering that there was an issue on the 8 ounce situation I checked to make sure it was not on that setting. I then went to check to see if the door was slightly open on the dispenser side and it was also fine. However when I opened up the door I noticed that none of the interior LED lights were on. Flicked the door switches a little to no avail.

So now here’s my issue, it appears thr entire dispensing system is not allowing anything through. I let the system stay unplugged for 30 minutes to see about resetting the system nothing changed. I also recently developed a problem with the door open chime telling going off about every 5 minutes as well. I don’t know if all of the issues are related or if they are separate.

I did take sometime before posting and attempted to scour the Forum looking for similar issues the only thing I found remotely close was to check the Main Board. However if someone could give me a confirmation or even explain a little on how to get to the main board. I have a couple other appliances I will be posting things on as well, and hopefully this allows me to learn a little bit more about then expensive pieces of metal that I own.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Disconnect the connectors on the boards and then reconnect them. The larger board is the main control board.

Pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then unplug it from the wall outlet, then you will see a cover on the back of your refrigerator about midway up from the bottom, remove that cover and your main control board will be in there.

Here's the main control board for your model:
WPW10675033 Cntrl-Elec

Let us know what happens.

If that doesn't resolve it, you will need a multimeter to check voltages.

On the main control board:
P6-1 to P6-2 = 12.7 Volts DC
P14-6 to P14-7 = 14 Volts DC

Jake

Dan0974

Thanks for this info! Sorry to revive an old thread but I’m having the same exact issue stated above and trying to troubleshoot. I found P14 but I can’t find P6 on the board to check the voltages. Also, what is the pin/wire configuration, which is wire 1 and which is wire 2 etc?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

We first need to know if you have the exact same model number WRV986FDEM01? The model number tag is located inside the refrigerator section on the upper walls or ceiling.

Also, Does your Temperature control Pantry drawer inside the refrigerator section no longer have a display? Is the display out? If so, Disconnect it and see if everything starts working properly again. There have been a few members that have found that Pantry UI control board shorted out and thus it will cause the interior lights and ice maker/dispenser to stop working as well.

Here's the Pantry UI control board for your model: WPW10677119.

Jake

Last edited:

Dan0974

Yes, the model matches. I unplugged the Pantry UI control board and the lights started working properly. The only thing that still doesn’t work is my water. It opens the small ice door to dispense ice but I emptied the ice box yesterday so I don’t have any ice. I’m attempting to unplug the unit now to see if that fixes my water issue. Does that panel NEED to be replaced? Am I able to just leave it unplugged?

Attachments

Dan0974

Unplugging and plugging the unit back in fixed my water issues. If that UI display doesn’t NEED to be replaced I may end up just leaving it unplugged.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad that Pantry UI control board was the only problem.:)

Yes I don't see any reason to replace it if you don't use it, Just leave it unplugged if you want.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.