Whirlpool WTW4800BQ0 - Stops at drain/spin stage

Ben22

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW4800BQ0
Brand
Whirlpool
My Whirlpool WTW4800BQ0 stops running once it gets to the 'spin' stage. The clothes are in the drum but they are wet and not spun out. I have to manually set it on 'drain/spin' for it to complete the cycle. Half of the time it will complete it once I set it to 'drain/spin' half the time I have to run it 2 or 3 times before it will spin the clothes. I am guessing it has something to do with the lid switch because even when I go to run a normal load, sometimes it will just make a loud noise and not fill with water. I read that you can follow a few steps to reset or re-calibrate the washer and sometimes it will work after I do that but sometimes it wont. Any similar experiences? Thanks in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Ben, Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1psVH4VJFVWLEFo_Kf8Dwp9OlD8vPDuVG

Get into the diagnostic and post the fault code or fault codes you get.

Page 2 of your tech. data sheet do: ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES

Then do FAULT CODE DISPLAY MODE on Page 3

Then you can see what fault code/codes you are getting on Page 6 and Page 7: FAULT/ERROR CODES

ALSO: Take the belt off and remove the transmission pulley and remove the plastic cams and see if the teeth are worn down there, that can make it not spin all the time either. If the teeth are worn down order and replace that Splutch cam kit.

Here's the sputch cam kit for your model:
W10721967 Splutch Cam Kit

Video included in part link.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Ben, sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake

Ben22

Premium Member
Ok Ben, sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake
Hi Jake,

After a long delay, I was finally able to run the diagnostic and get the fault code. The only code I got was F9E1. Every other click I turned the cycle knob clockwise, only the 'fill' LED display blinked. I am not sure if this means this is my only fault code or not.
I don't think that the hose is clogged because I can blow into it and hear water bubbling in the machine. The hose isn't kinked or leaking and it is not higher than 8'.
Please let me know your thoughts on how I should proceed. I really appreciate your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
F9E1 – LONG DRAIN

Fault is displayed when the water level does not change after the drain pump is on for 10 minutes.
Is the drain hose or the drain pump clogged?
Check tub sump under impeller for obstructions.
Is the drain hose height greater than 8' (2.4 m)?
Check pressure hose connection from tub to pressure sensor. Is hose pinched, kinked, plugged, or leaking air?

Ok Ben, what you will need to do is start a Rinse/Spin cycle and stay with the machine and then when you hear it start to drain pull the drain hose up from your drain pipe and watch how fast the water drains out from your drain hose, it should be a very strong flow out water out the drain hose.

Jake