• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool WTW4816FW2 no high speed spin

Mrfrank

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW4816FW2
Brand
Whirlpool
Our washer would not spin at high speed. Ran the diagnostics which pointed to a faulty control board. I replaced the board which cleared the error codes and the washer ran fine for a month. After a month the washer would not spin at high speed again. Ran diagnostics which gave me 4 codes (F2E1-stuck button, F7E1-basket speed fault, F1E1-main control fault, F7E5-shifter fault). I pulled the actuator and tested the resistance and determined it was faulty. I replaced the actuator and now am down to just an F7E1 code and still no high speed spin. When I run the calibration and the it reaches the high speed spin, it shifts into that mode for a split second, makes a short high pitched squeal a stops. Possibly the clutch?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below. Do--->Control not sensing the basket move in spin—run Tachometer Verification Mode, page 5.

I'd check the splutch cams to see if the teeth are grinding down causing this problem.

Here's the splutch cam kit for your model, if needed:
W10721967 Splutch Cam Kit

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10740624 - Rev B.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 25

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.