• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Whirlpool WTW5000DW1 ERROR F0E5 Clothes stay wet

paulbdotcom@gma

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW5000DW1
Brand
Whirlpool
Washer will go through its wash, dump out water, but clothes are still wet and the light on the console (green) stays on wash. Error code F0E5 - made sure unit was balanced properly and leveled. Still have the problem. Can I say I hate this washer? It's been doing this for quite some time.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, that error code F0E5 – OFF BALANCE LOAD DETECTED

Fault is displayed when an off balance condition is detected.
--->Check for weak suspension. Basket should not bounce up and down more than once when pushed.
--->Clothing should be distributed evenly when loading.

Here's the suspension rod springs kit for your model, if needed:
W11130362 Suspension spring kit

Jake

paulbdotcom@gma

Premium Member
I pushed down on the basket and it seems to come back up. Side to side it moves like crazy though. Like it's floating. But up/down, seems to rebound OK (I am an auto tech so common check with struts).

Clothing can be uneven, but this happens every load every time. Takes 3-5 hours to do 1 load. The load I just did (towels) didn't finish and the "WASH" light is on. Removed towels (soaking wet) and there is still soap on the bottom from the pod. Almost ready to toss it but it's not even 5 years old.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do a spin cycle with no clothes in it, and see if it bangs the sides of your washer cabinet.

If so, then those new suspension rods and springs kit should fix it.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.