Whole in Plastic Drum - GE Front Load Washer Model WHDVH626 Purchased 10/4/2007

fedup53

Premium Member
12/15/12 I was on my 6th load of laundry to find my laundry room flooded. Attached you will see the hole that was in the drum from the inside out. Of course the extended full warranty was expired however, this was covered but parts only. All appliance people I showed the picture too told me this was a faulty machine. GE offered their insurance carrier for any home damage but would only offer to discount the labor cost. GE refused to provide any rebate. By the time they offered I already had a new washer being delivered. This time I went back to a top load and a different manufacturer.

I am so disheartened that a washing machine that was $629.00 breaks in 5 years. I had whirlpool top load that cost $367.00 before this and it lasted 15 years. I take very good care of my appliances. I just do not understand this.

When you view the attached picture of the hole you are going to say OMG.

This washer needed the front panel unscrewed every couple months to clean the link area. What? I never heard of that in a washer.
If I washed 8 towels they would come out sopping wet. It would take 3 times to get the to spin out the water. This happened at least once or twice a month since owning. On average I had 5 loads of laundry a week.

I will never buy a front load anything or a GE product again. I do plan on writing GE's customer service management.

Attachments