• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Winterizing Frigidaire Washer FFLE3911QW

povertyacresmike

Premium Member
Model Number
FFLE3911QW
Brand
Frigidaire
Trying to winterize. The instructions say to shut off water, pour in antifreeze, turn on rinse and spin. Problem is, this washer will not spin without water pressure. You get a 3 beep error. The support # is a waste of time. They just point you to the manual.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Leave the fill hoses on and open the water faucets that supply water to your washer, then set the washer on Rinse and Spin, then it will put water in and spin.:)

Then turn the water off and remove the fill hoses when its done,

Jake

povertyacresmike

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I should stop it when its spinning? turn off the water and add the RV fluid and then restart ?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That would be fine.

Jake

povertyacresmike

Premium Member
I guess the big question is , how is this any different than just throwing RV fluid in after a full cycle ends? Does rinse water continue pumping in during the spin cycle ?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
LOL, that's a damn good question, I don't understand why they tell you that you need to add rinse water, except maybe to dilute it.

Does rinse water continue pumping in during the spin cycle ?
No, it shouldn't.

Jake

povertyacresmike

Premium Member
No, they tell you to add the RV fluid and with the water off, run the rinse and spin cycle for a short while which this washer will not run without water pressure

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
povertyacresmike said:
how is this any different than just throwing RV fluid in after a full cycle ends? Does rinse water continue pumping in during the spin cycle ?

Yes. Water is extracted until it stops spinning. That water gets drained.

There's water in many of the internal hoses that will freeze. Running the antifreeze through a drain allows the antifreeze to displace that water in those hoses hopefully preventing damage caused by freezing. Just dumping antifreeze into the tub after a wash won't do anything for the water in internal hoses.

I'm afraid I have no idea why the directions don't work for you. Sorry.

Dan O.

Last edited: