• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WM2233HS LG Washer overfilling

Sem

Premium Member
Model Number
WM2233HS
Brand
LG
I’m working on a LG washer about 12 years old, no water was coming out so I changed the inlet valves, now it’s overfilling. I changed the water level sensor switch and no luck. So I put the old inlet valves back and no water coming out, so yes that was bad. Put the new inlet valves again and again overfilling; for sure I thought that inlet valve was bad also, so I went bought another one and same thing, overfilling. I pin pointed which one was overfilling and it was the cold one for the wash cycle, it looks like there is 120 volts constantly on it, and it won’t close. The hot water I can hear this big noise on it when water comes out, like it gets power then not. Could it be a control board issue? Now I’m stuck and need some help please.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Sem

Premium Member
Hi Rick,
Thanks for your reply. Yes that is bad news, but glad I got your opinion on it. Maybe I can look for a used one somewhere.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Maybe I can look for a used one somewhere.
OK, for what it's worth. I use used parts all the time when I can. They have their place in appliance repair word but not PC boards. What happens is, you usually end up buying someone else's problem. I speak from experience my friend. If you decide to go with a used one, good luck. Just make sure you can return it if it doesn't work.

Sem

Premium Member
I appreciate the heads up. It really is worth a lot to me since I am a newbie in the industry.