• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WM2277HS LG TROMM Washer - wash drum stopped moving during the spin cycle

John II

Premium Member
Model Number
WM2277HS
Brand
LG
The wash drum of our LG TROMM Washer stopped moving during the spin cycle and will no longer move. Is there any way to fix it?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi John,

Did you check the small holes in the drum to make sure there wasn't a nail or something jammed in it to keep the drum from turning? I've seen that happen alot in my 32 years as a tech. Get a flashlight and look at all the small holes in the drum and see.

If you find nothing, then its possibly your bearing has seized up, or your drum spider support arm has broken.

Here's the parts diagram:
#K115 is the spider support
#K121 is the bearing
#K122 is the other bearing

There is a video there to show you how to get access to those parts.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

John II

Premium Member
Jake,

I am able to manually spin the tub. I wanted to let you know to see if that makes any difference. I'm going to look for any screws or nails.

John

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok John, Are you meaning it will NOT spin in the spin cycle on its own? What does it do instead? Any sounds like its trying to spin?

I'm attaching your service manual below, Troubleshooting starts at page 16, do 7-2, 7-3, and 7-4 and post the error code it gives you.

Jake

Attachments

John II

Premium Member
Jake,

The error I got yesterday was LE. Yesterday, it tried to tumble or tried to spin but would not. Then, the LE came up.

I ran the trouble shoot a few times. A few times it would tumble but but that only happened twice and never twice in the same test. Once it tumbled clockwise (1 time push of pause button), and once it tumbled counter clockwise (8 time). Once it did the slow speed spin (2 times) and that was after it tumbled clockwise. It did not high speed spin. It tries to tumble or spin, making a slight jerk, and I hear a ringing sound when it's trying to spin. No error message came up. I may have not let it go long enough to have a light come on. I was afraid of burning the motor. During the tests the water pumped in and drained out properly.

John

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
LE=LOCKED MOTOR ERROR

• The connector (3-pin, male, white) in the MOTOR HARNESS is not connected to the connector (3-pin, female, white) of STATOR ASSEMBLY.
• The electric contact between the connectors (3-pin, male, white) in the MOTOR HARNESS and 4-pin, female, white connector in the MAIN PWB ASSEMBLY is bad or unstable.
• The MOTOR HARNESS between the STATOR ASSEMBLY and MAIN PWB ASSEMBLY is cut (open circuited).
• The hall sensor is out of order/defective.

Ok, check your motor wire harness to see if its cut or damaged:
6877ER1016B Harness,motor

When you click the link to that motor harness look at all the people that had the same LE and it fixed it for theirs.

Jake

John II

Premium Member
Jake,

Based on the comments, I ordered the motor harness. However, I don't know where it's located or how to insert it. Is there a video?

Thanks.

John

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
There is a video John of accessing the stator and he shows you how to disconnect the wire harness from the stator, then all you do after that is go and disconnect the other end of the wire harness.

Click here for this video of your stator:

Jake

John II

Premium Member
Jake,

I replaced the motor harness, and I getting the same results. The drum would not tumble either direction or spin in either direction. Could it be the stator?

John

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes John, it could be the stator that's bad. Looks like is comes with a new RPS(hall sensor) switch as well.

Jake

John II

Premium Member
Jake,

The stator motor arrived yesterday, and I installed it. The washer is working like brand new. Thanks for all of your help. You guys make these repairs pretty easy.

John

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent John, glad to hear the stator assembly fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake