• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WM2496HSM LG front loader door pops open mid cycle flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyxxer

Premium Member
Model Number
WM2496HSM
Brand
LG
This LG, I haven't seen it. Customer called today. Not sure of the age. She says the door pops open during the cycle letting the water out. My first thought was the door lock not holding or the hook on the door damaged. After googling it I saw a complaint online about the door popping open on LGs . Maybe it is filling too full? Water valve sticking open or pressure sensor LETTING it fill too full? Then the too full water level pushing it open?What are your thoughts gentlemen?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I guess no one has seen this before since you didn't get a response. I certainly haven't or I would of told you the fix.:)

What I would do is stay during the whole wash cycle and when it does that, then you'll know what the problem is.

Water valve sticking open or pressure sensor LETTING it fill too full? Then the too full water level pushing it open?
Yes, that's possibly what's happening. But when she opens the door is the water still running out non-stop? If so does she turn the water off to the washer to make it stop?

That's why you'll need to be the one that see's this problem happen first hand.:)

Jake

Quahog

Premium Member
Hello gentlemen, I have this same problem but on a different model number: HW2277HB. It started yesterday when my wife went out to take the clothes from the washer and put them in the dryer. She said all the lights were off (indicating end of cycle) but when she opened the door, water started pouring out. I restarted it when I got home with just a rinse and spin and it seemed like everything was working correctly. I stayed there a good 15 minutes watching the rinse and drain operation. Foolishly, I didn’t watch the complete cycle and left the house. When we got back, I saw water running down the driveway. Argh!!

What I can tell you is that the door was wide open, no indicator lights on, and water was just pouring out. My first guess was a defective door lock or possibly water valve.

I won’t make this foolish mistake again... what should I look for in the way of water level during a cycle?

thanks much

Mike

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Mike, nothing pulls up for model HW2277HB, It did pull up for WM2277HB.

A simple test would be to unplug the machine from the wall outlet, and if the water keeps flooding out after you unplug it, then the problem is the water inlet valve is sticking open.

The links below include videos on replacing them:

HOT:

COLD:

Jake

Quahog

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. I’ll try that. I’ve replaced those inlet valves before on my daughter‘s machine so I can handle that.

Should the water level ever come up to midway up the door? I saw that yesterday but I can’t recall ever seeing it before.

p.s. you’re correct on the model number 🤭

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, the water level should never come that high.:)

Keep us posted.

Jake

Quahog

Premium Member
Thought so... i did as you suggested and removed power from the machine and as soon as I turned the water back on, I can hear it running. So, I ordered the inlet valve set. Really appreciate your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok good, then the new water inlet valve set will fix it.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.