• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WM3470HVA LG Washer won't turn on until I unplug for 10 seconds

mpickell

Premium Member
Model Number
WM3470HVA
Brand
LG
My LG Washer just started an issue where it won't turn on when pressing the power button. But if i unplug it for 10 seconds, then plug it back in, it turns on. At that point, i can turn it on and off, and it seems to be working. i can also then run a full cycle.

Once it turns off again, i have to do the same thing to get it to run again.

I don't even know where to start looking!

Thanks!

mpickell

Premium Member
From what i have read so far, it appears it is probably the main control board?

LG Washing Machine Main Control Board EBR78263901

Can someone tell me how to troubleshoot this? how do i test the main control board? I also read somewhere it could be a stuck relay, but that post was not directly associated with my model.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake

mpickell

Premium Member
The part showed up, I was ready to put it in.. but the machine stopped having the issue? Now it turns on every time like it used to..

I'm going to hold on to the part for a little bit and see what happens. Is there something I can do to specifically troubleshoot the existing MCB and determine if its bad?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's odd that it started working good again.

Yes, I'd hold on to the part, as they say: If it happens once, It will happen again!

Is there something I can do to specifically troubleshoot the existing MCB and determine if its bad?
Not that I'm aware of.

Jake

mpickell

Premium Member
In the service manual in the post you linked to... the step before checking the MCB is "Are the PCB and noise filter connections broken or loose"

Is this a strictly visual thing? I haven't opened the machine yet, but is this something that would cause an MCB issue, and then no issue? does anything here need to be checked for continuity?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It should be just a visual look/see.

Your talking about the noise filter checked for continuity? It should say in the service manual.

But I have bad news, the line filter is No Longer Available: LG 6201EC1006Y Filter Assembly

So even if its bad, you can't order it.

Jake

mpickell

Premium Member
sorry..forgot this link: i found that part # as a replacement here: *********

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

t6man

LG washer problem resolved itself???

My LG Washer just started an issue where it won't turn on when pressing the power button. But if i unplug it for 10 seconds, then plug it back in, it turns on. At that point, i can turn it on and off, and it seems to be working. i can also then run a full cycle.

Once it turns off again, i have to do the same thing to get it to run again.

The part showed up, I was ready to put it in.. but the machine stopped having the issue? Now it turns on every time like it used to..

I'm going to hold on to the part for a little bit and see what happens.

mpickell, your post could have been me...twice during three years, the washer had to be reset by turning the breaker off for 10 seconds. Then a couple months ago, it was every time we used it unless we started it again within a minute or so of when it completed. From my research, including your posts, we thought it probably was the main control board. Due to the part cost, I gave it every opportunity to start working normally again as yours did. After a full day of having to reset it after every load, I finally broke down and ordered the MCB. I kid you not, as soon as I ordered it, the problem disappeared and it has been working normally for two weeks now!

Did you ever determine the problem?

Louisew

Premium Member
So my LG washer is doing the same thing. Did yours continue to work? Or did you change the MCB? Trying to determine if we should try to fix it, continue to just unplug and plug it back in as requires or buy a new one (which I would rather not to right now). Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
After a full day of having to reset it after every load, I finally broke down and ordered the MCB. I kid you not, as soon as I ordered it, the problem disappeared and it has been working normally for two weeks now!
It looks like @t6man fixed it by replacing the MCB(Main Control Board), he said its been working perfect for 2 weeks after he replaced it.(y)

@Louisew do you have the exact same model washer WM3470HVA ?

Jake

mpickell

Premium Member
I have not changed the MCB. I have not had to.. (I ordered the MCB, then stopped having the issue, so i returned it.). I haven't had this specific issue in a while. My worst issue so far was with the door not locking, but i replaced the switch there and haven't had any issues since..

Louisew

Premium Member
I have not changed the MCB. I have not had to.. (I ordered the MCB, then stopped having the issue, so i returned it.). I haven't had this specific issue in a while. My worst issue so far was with the door not locking, but i replaced the switch there and haven't had any issues since..
Thanks! I’m going to continue the unplugging and plugging in to see if it resolves itself.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
My bad mpickell, I thought you replaced the MCB.

My worst issue so far was with the door not locking, but i replaced the switch there and haven't had any issues since..
Here's the door lock/latch switch for your model, in case others need it too:
Door Lock EBF49827801

Jake

mpickell

Premium Member
yeah this thread is old so i'm having trouble remembering. but i definitely did not have to replace that. i recall specifically returning it. I don't know if the door switch might have caused cascading issues or not...