• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WM3570HVA LG washing machine - banging noise

Hockey4418

Premium Member
Model Number
WM3570HVA
Brand
LG
WM3570HVA front loader

been looking at This forum and repairs done online.
On a slow cycle gearing up to a high, there is a banging noise.
I’ve read about the bearings.
Check: replaced the rear drum with new bearings

I’ve read poor balancing.
Check: replaced the springs and shock absorber and unit is plum

I’ve read replace the spider arm
- I’ve removed it, cleaned it and inspected it. Couldn’t see any cracks.

I took Everything apart again and noticed when I removed The front drum and left with the metal drum in the outer drum, there was a very small small small wobble in the metal drum when moving side tthat was similar in sound to what I’m hearing at a high volume amount.

could it be still the spider arm? I had removed it. Pressure cleaned it. Bolted it back on and nothing broke off.

out of ideas besides trashing this darn thing

Video of sound below.

thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When exactly is that noise happening? When all the water is out of the tub and its beginning to spin?

Jake

Hockey4418

Premium Member
Hi jake. The noise is happening on a spin cycle regardless if there is water. I recreated The noise that I posted using the test cycles before there was though

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I've never heard that noise before, so we will need to wait and see if another tech that has, replies to what the problem could be.

Jake

Hockey4418

Premium Member
No problem. I appreciate it. I’m currently talking with LG. The metal drum and spider is covered by warranty however since it’s over a year old the labor is not included. Which is not a big deal because I can perform the work, however the kicker is that they won’t issue a replacement unless it’s installed by an LG authorized repair company or someone with a license.

as I said Prior, the spider appeared in good shape but I’m out of options - so I’m considering just to replace that part.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The metal drum and spider is covered by warranty however since it’s over a year old the labor is not included. Which is not a big deal because I can perform the work, however the kicker is that they won’t issue a replacement unless it’s installed by an LG authorized repair company or someone with a license.
Yes, they usually say that with LG and Samsung.

Maytag and Whirlpool are much better, they will usually send you the part that's under warranty for free, so you can install it yourself for free.:)

Here's the inner drum spider support arm for your model:

Jake