• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

WMH73521CS5 first open/close door error, now no power

Mbarn83

Model Number
WMH73521CS5
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi everyone. New here and appreciate your help in advance.

I bought this microwave a little over 2 years ago when I renovated my kitchen. It has a manufacture date of April 2016.

Anyways, this thing has been nothing but trouble since I bought it.

First the range light stopped working. I didn't really care about it so I never tried to fix it.

After 6 months of owning it, I would randomly get the open/close door error. After opening and closing the door a few times it would eventually go away. Sometimes I would have to slam the door closed very hard but eventually it would work again.

Fast forward to today. I got the open/close door error and it wouldn't resolve with my normal techniques. I put a flat head screw driver into the latch switch hole and ended up flipping the latch backwards on both the top and bottom. I opened up the microwave and flipped the latch back into the forward position. Like an idiot, I did this without unplugging the microwave and the power turned off and wouldn't turn back on. It sounded like a blew a fuse. I went to home depot and replaced both fuses but that wouldn't fix the problem. I took apart both the top and bottom latch and removed the microswitches.

This is where I am at. I am wondering if the microswitches are my issue and if so, which one needs to be replaced.

Again, any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.