• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WMH73L20AS Whirlpool Microwave not coming on. Door switched are good.

Wayne Pace

Model Number
WMH73L20AS
Brand
Whirlpool
My Whirlpool over the oven microwave stopped working. Everything appears to work correctly. Panel, display, lights...

When trying to start microwave, there is a audible relay click like usual, but then nothing happens. No timer countdown, no inner light. Everything just stops.
I have confirmed the door switches and overheat thermostat are good.

Suspect problem is with the board. Does anyone know anything I can check on the board? Is the board schematic available online?

If the cyclotron is bad, what does the microwave do? Trying to figure out if there is any info out there to troubleshoot the control board or tell which function or safety feature is keeping the microwave from starting.

Thanks for any info!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member