• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WMH76719CS1 I think daughter killed convection microwave

satnerd

Premium Member
Model Number
WMH76719CS1
Brand
Whirlpool
As the title states, I’m pretty sure my daughter (accidentally) killed our microwave trying to cook fish sticks. I pheheated the convection & put the metal rack inside. When it was done I asked her to put the fish sticks in for 12 minutes. She apparently disregarded the on screen directions & cleared the instructions. This action reverted microwave back to “microwave” mode. Well, 12 minutes with the metal rack was too much. I smelled something burning & went to check. By this time the fish sticks are charcoal & the microwave was really hot. Then I noticed that the display was out. Did some research & thought it my come back to life after it cooled. No luck. So more research & I dug in to find the fuse. I check the fuse & it wasn’t blown. So now I’m stumped on what to check next? I’m thinking I’m gonna have to replace it but if anyone has any pointers to bring it back to life, it sure would be a lot easier for me.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Did you find the wire diagram inside?
If yes, post a copy here so we can see what else could kill the whole thing.

Probably a safety/thermal thermostat opened up some where.

jeff.

satnerd

Premium Member
I didn’t know to look for it but I don’t recall seeing it inside when I checked the fuse. Where should I look? I’ll take it apart again if needed.