• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WMH76719CZ1 Whirlpool Microwave - Open close door

Uthguy

Model Number
WMH76719CZ1
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool microwave/convection oven (WMH76719CZ1) which stops working intermittently. It will give the open-close door message and not work. I can sometimes swing the door back and forth to get it to work but sometimes not. I know it is working again when the light inside the oven comes on. I removed the upper panel and there are wires on the left side going into the door. I can jiggle these wires sometimes and get it to work so I think the problem is somewhere inside the door itself but I cannot find anything on how to get inside the door.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The inside choke, #3, unsnaps. Use a small screwdriver or a putty knife and start in a corner then work your way around.

1609361276213.png

To remove the door, remove the plastic insert below the upper door hinge:
Snapshot_1.jpg

Disconnect the wire harness. Lift up and pull out:
Snapshot_2.jpg