Would you buy?

smj1978

Premium Member
I am looking at a used Sears Kenmore Upright Freezer, model # 253-9282010. I noticed on one of the forums that there have been some problems associated with model numbers beginning with 253....is it worth $150 or should i look for another used one or just buy new? thanks

Pegi at Sams

Appliance Tech
Well it is made by Frigidaire and known problems with these compressors....I would buy new and get the extended warranty these days...and Stick with Whirlpool and the brands they make...

smj1978

Premium Member
Thanks, but

Thank you for the heads up....now, the new one I was looking at Sears is made by Frigidaire...I am having trouble finding a Whirpool in my price range: under $400. What other brands does Whirpool make?

Pegi at Sams

Appliance Tech
Let me see, Whirlpool, Kitchenaid, Roper, Estate, Ingles, Kenmore with the source code of 106, but gotta deal with Sears for warranty concerns then...:cool: ...may be more, just brain is asleep right now...:rolleyes:

smj1978

Premium Member
Ok

Well, I think the only place around here that sells Whirpool is Home Depot...and in looking at the website, I am probably going to have to pay $50-100 more for the same size....but, I definately don't want to get into warrenty issues with Sears...as it appears on this forum that its bad news over there, these days...thanks again for your help...:)