• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WRF535SWHZ02 Whirlpool Fridge Electronic temp control keeps maxing to 7 on its own

kevaug

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF535SWHZ02
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi - I have a Whirlpool WRF535SWHZ02 French door model purchased in SEPT 2019. It was running fine until this spring when the outside temp warmed up. The electronic controls have always been set at 4 for freezer and 4 for fridge. In the last week or so the fridge has automatically incremented to 7 on its own and is freezing some food.

It seems like the control board maybe the culprit as I don't think that number should ever switch on its own no matter the state of any other part - is that correct? Or should I be looking to test something else. I did vacuum the coils and did unplug it to try and reset the fridge.

I don't think anything is blocking the upper air chamber on the top shelf in mid back - are there any other vents of concern inside this fridge? I was an electronic tech and am well versed in troubleshooting and ohm/volt meter usage. Thanks Kevin

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you set it back to 4 or any other number, does it still always go to 7 on its own?

It sounds like the JAZZ control board is malfunctioning.

Here's the JAZZ control board for your model:
WPW10503278 Electronic Control Board

Jake