WRF540CWBM Freezer door not depressing light switch

UpstateCP

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF540CWBM
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool WRF540CWBM bottom freezer refrigerator. My ice maker had stopped functioning and after countless hours troubleshooting and eventually replacing the entire ice maker itself, I discovered that when the freezer door is shut fully it doesn’t depress the light switch signaling to the ice maker the door is closed. The door appears to shut fully and properly, and there is no excessive frost buildup indicating there is an air gap anyplace. Help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Can you please film it as a wide view? I need to see that part that suppose to be contacting that door switch completely.

Thanks!

Jake

UpstateCP

Premium Member
It’s just the top portion of the freezer door. There isn’t a specific part that’s designed solely to depress the switch.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then the freezer drawer is NOT going all the way back to make that switch, something like a food item must be blocking the drawer from going all the way back, that's all it can be.

Jake

UpstateCP

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, but like I mentioned in my original post the door shuts fully with the rubber seals seated against then refrigerator body. It’s as if the door operates about 1/4”-1/2” lower than it should, but when the rollers and guides are checked everything seems to be installed and operating properly.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I don't know then without seeing a full wide view of this happening, your video only slows the narrow view and I can't tell what's going on.

Jake