• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WRF540CWHV01 Whirlpool Refrigerator Ice Maker getting no water

Siul

Model Number
WRF540CWHV01
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello I have a Whirlpool French door refrigerator model number WRF540CWHV01. I do know the ice maker works because I poured some water in and it cycled the ice out. So I believe there is no water being dispensed into the ice maker tray. Water dispenser dispenses fine, just replaced the water filter. Had this fridge for a year now, and had noticed ice maker was not dispensing ice anymore about a few weeks ago. Can you help me to troubleshoot it. Forgot to say I currently RV full time and this fridge is inside my coach. It has been on with no water supply for about a week as rig was at factory for warranty repairs with no water supply but ice maker was on.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

When the water is shut off but the ice maker is not shut off, some water will get through and make a ice clog in the fill tube.

So remove the ice maker and see if the ice maker fill tube is clogged with ice.

Here's the ice maker fill tube for your model:

Jake

Appliancetechy

Premium Member
Hello I have a Whirlpool French door refrigerator model number WRF540CWHV01. I do know the ice maker works because I poured some water in and it cycled the ice out. So I believe there is no water being dispensed into the ice maker tray. Water dispenser dispenses fine, just replaced the water filter. Had this fridge for a year now, and had noticed ice maker was not dispensing ice anymore about a few weeks ago. Can you help me to troubleshoot it. Forgot to say I currently RV full time and this fridge is inside my coach. It has been on with no water supply for about a week as rig was at factory for warranty repairs with no water supply but ice maker was on.
I’d say water inlet valve if you have no ice in the fill tube.

here is the part number

WPW10420083