• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WRF555SDFZ04 Whirlpool LED lights flickering/strobe light

Brad P

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF555SDFZ04
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello

So I am having what appears (per google) to be a common problem. The LED light module in the fridge has suddenly turned into a strobe light. The lower freezer light works fine. The control panel/buttons all seem to work fine.

I took the module out, no glaring obvious kinks or frays in wire. I've seen other message forums and Youtube videos with a wide range of solutions. Some people take it out and wipe it down, some re-wire and solder. Some mess with the wiring in back of fridge. Its only about $45-60 for the module depending on what site I look on. I don't mind ordering a new one, I just don't want to get it then plug it in and it does the same thing (because is greater electrical problem). But given all other electrical components seem to work, I am hopeful its just the module. Any suggestions?

The LED module is Q184G2. PN is W10866538 Small white rectangle with 2 green strips on the underbelly.

I found some on Amazon. OEM for $57, Primeco part for $45.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's our main thread on this issue:

You can just remove that module and check for 24 Volts DC at the electrical connector where it connects too.

Here's the refrigerator LED light module for your model:

This video should give you the general idea of how to remove it:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake