WRF560SEYM00 Fan shroud freezes up loud noise. Ice build up on coil.

Ken9854

Premium Member
Yeah looks like seal system problem to me to. Your Fluke 336 meter seems to be limited to 600 ohms according to your meter instructions or manual.
Ok good to know about the fluke

The compressor reads 0.5Amps when running

freezer 4.jpg
freezer3.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
how would i trouble shoot the closed system problem? the used appliance place i bought it from did say they replaced the compressor, so maybe they did not do a proper job.
Show that used appliance place where you got it at that photo of your evaporator coil, they will see that only the top coils have frost on them, and the bottom ones do not, they will have to fix the sealed system for you.

Jake

Ken9854

Premium Member
I brought up the issues to the appliance place while back they suggested I bring in the appliance for repair.

to go that route(option A) id have to:
load the unit in a van and bring the appliance to their warehouse 45 min away.
The unit is in a second floor and not easy to move location by myself.
they will probably not fix it the same day so I would have to come pick it up a different day.
mean while this is my home refrigerator so I would have to buy a temporary refrigerator to keep food cold.
ultimately I have no confidence in their ability to fix it, they are junk yard type appliance place in a not so good area of town. after all the trouble I might still have issues with the unit later down the road.

Option B is I call a technician to come fix it. very attractive since Ive been fixing this refrigerator for 6 months now

Option C is I fix it since I have all the tools and coolant, except air acetylene for the welds.

Option D is a temporary fix maybe putting in some coolant to see if it runs for 6 months. Then sell it disclosing the problem to the next buyer.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You can do Option B or Option D.

Jake

eliot764

Ken, I have a similar problem and have just replaced the thermistor with the new kit. Did u end up resolving ur issue with that replacement or was it a seal problem?