WRF560SEYM02 Whirlpool Refrigerator - Right Door Not Closing

aksa100

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF560SEYM02
Brand
Whirlpool
The right door of the Whirlpool fridge does not close. It cannot clear the freezer drawer.
The OEM Part - Manufacturer #WPW10521409 is too low, and cannot clear the freezer drawer.
The plastic trim around the bottom of the door has broken, and I believe is causing this problem.
But I cannot determine the part number of this gray-colored trim piece.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

aksa100

Premium Member
Hello,

I ordered and received the Closing Cam part. I have not replaced the Cam yet.
But the gray-colored piece keeps breaking, and the door is worse than before. I am not sure the Cam is the only issue.
Can you tell me what part number is the gray piece?

Broken Gray Piece.jpg

rickgburton

Staff member
It's a good picture but way too close. I can't tell what I'm looking at. Sorry

aksa100

Premium Member
Here is a picture with the right door open a bit. A portion of the gray plastic piece has broken off the bottom corner of the door. This has caused the door to drop onto the freezer, and make it hard to open and close.
I am looking to replace the gray plastic piece.

bad side.jpg

Here is picture of the left side door. Note the gray plastic piece is complete, and the door works fine.

good side.jpg

rickgburton

Staff member
Thanks for the pictures. Now I can see what happened. The right cam is worn out and the left cam is just about to go so you should replace that one also. Both doors are carrying a lot of weight and over time it's starting to bend both hinges.
Snapshot_6.jpg
Snapshot_7.jpg

The weight is also causing the cams to wear down. The right side cam is worn enough that the door dropped to the point when it was opened the gray plastic door trim caught on the metal hinge and broke off.

hinge.jpg

Because of the way the door is designed with the low front, the right side door trim is hitting the freezer door trim everytime the door is opened.
Snapshot_8.jpg

I can't tell by the pictures if the hinges are bent down. If they are you'll need to straighten them. The gray door trim has nothing to do with the worn cams. It's the result of the cams being worn out.