• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WRF560SEYM05 Whirlpool Refrigerator - water not dispensing but ice maker works

Gadget69

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF560SEYM05
Brand
Whirlpool
i have just purchased a gently used 2018 model WRF560SEYM05. The ice maker is working fine, but the water dispenser does not work, previos owner said that sometimes when the ice maker is turned off it would work.
The light comes on when the paddle is pressed for the water
I am seeking plumbing and electrical diagrams for this model
Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Put your multimeter probes in the electrical connector that goes to the primary water inlet valve, while someone presses the water dispenser lever and see if you get 120 volts. Do the same on the secondary water inlet valve for the water dispenser side solenoid of the secondary dual water inlet valve and see if you get 120 volts.

If so, remove the plastic water line from the secondary water inlet valve for the water dispenser side solenoid of the dual water inlet valve and see if water comes out.

Here's the single water inlet valve for your model:
WPW10238100 Valve

Here's the water flow diagram for your model:

R-Water schematic WP French Door.jpg

Here's the secondary dual water inlet valve for your model:

Jake

Gadget69

Premium Member
Thanks Jake,
Since i posted my question the water dispenser started working for no apparent reason, also the door open indicator also started working, which dint work while the water dispenser wasn't working.
The dispenser and the door open indicator worked all week and then just today they both stopped working. all of the door switches seem to be functioning as far as the light is concerned. I also checked theri operation while everything was working.
Do I possibly have a bad controller pcb?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes possibly, but I'd first check all the wiring connections to the control board first to make sure they are all tight and secure.

Here's the control board for your model:

Jake