• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WRF736SDAM Ice Maker Malfunction

dbstott

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF736SDAM14
Brand
Whirlpool
My Whirpool French Door refrigerator WRF736SDAM14 Ice Maker is not cycling. Ice does not harvest normally, but I can make it harvest via Diagnostic Test 57. Ice tray will not refill after harvesting, but I can make it fill via Diagnostic Test 45 and it freezes normally. Rinse, lather, repeat!
  • Diagnostic Test 56 shows E0, No Errors, functioning Ice Maker
  • Read one note about filter being old causing malfunctioning ice maker, so I replaced the filter with new Whirlpool filter. Still not working properly.
Note, this is a new ice maker installed 4 months ago after the original one failed, but just started this problem a few days ago. As I said it makes ice, just doesn't cycle. One tech told me it's the "brain" that is located in the ice maker itself so the only fix is to replace the ice maker (AGAIN!). But if the brain is bad, why would it not report an error with Diagnostic Test 56?

Any ideas short of replacement?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Where did you buy the ice maker at?

Yes, the brain tells the ice maker to dump the ice on its own when the ice maker thermostat senses the ice tray temperature is where it should be, which should always be below 16 degrees.

But if the brain is bad, why would it not report an error with Diagnostic Test 56?
Because it doesn't for this issue.

Here's the ice maker for your model: W11294907 Icemaker

All parts you buy from our links to them come with a 365 warranty.

Jake

dbstott

Premium Member
Genuine Replacement Parts, they say they only have a 30 day warranty.

Looks like a bad choice on my part as to where to buy.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, unfortunaity a few others have got parts from that site that only lasted a few months.🙁

When I order parts for my local customers here in Western Arizona, I get all my parts from AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic, both sites are OEM only and have 365 days warranty on ALL parts!

Jake