• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WRF736SDAM11 Water Dispenser stopped working, Burning smell of Circuits.

D1g1talC0wb0y

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF736SDAM11
Brand
Whirlpool
Was doing a long draw of water on my fridge after replacing the filters in my reverse osmosis with a pump( ran water through the filters before hooking it up to the fridge to cleanse the filters) i do not use the built in water filter for this fridge.

while i was doing the long draw of water to flush some things out more on the fridge the water just stop dispensing. after that i smelled burning electronic circuit boards. i opened up the fridge and could smell it stronger in the fridge itself. i checked the water inlet valve and that hums when i push down the water dispenser. also checked the circuit boards in the back of the fridge( there are 2 there) and no signs of scorching and no signs of any strong smell. i would imagine it has to do with something in the door or a circuit board in the fridge elsewhere. where should i be looking and has anyone else experiences this. pretty sure since it's 3 years old this is probably not covered under whirlpool warranty.

good resource to breakdown the fridge would be great if anyone knows of one.

model# WRF736SDAM11

Thanks in advance

D1g1talC0wb0y

Premium Member
I have not tested the icemaker yet as its still full of ice from before the issues. i will be doing that today and providing an update.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the parts diagram for your model: Whirlpool Refrigerator WRF736SDAM11 Repair Parts

This is a very rare problem you are having, I have not run into one that did this before, but I'd check the dispenser control board for burnt spots on it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, Sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update! That will help others too!

Jake