WRF757SDEM00 Whirlpool Ice maker Test 56

Richard51

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF757SDEM00
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a gold series ice maker that will run and make ice with the manual test commands, however it has a code E2 on test 56 motor lost position. The ice maker will not make automatically. What causes this code? Can I repair anything to stop it? I could only find a cam position switch in the drive unit. Does the motor provide feedback to the control board? Thanks for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck.:)

E2 = Motor lost position. Ice maker did not find home during harvest and exceeded maximum attempts.
NOTE: Check for obstructions in ice maker. If none found, verify operation of the ice maker with Service Test 57.

Service Test - 57: Ice Maker Harvest
Press SW3 to activate a harvest sequence.
NOTE: Digit 1 displays the state of the sequence. Digit 2 displays the outcome of the sequence. Once initiated, the sequence cannot be exited.
Digit 1 (0 = heater and motor off, 1 = ice maker heater on, 2 = motor rotating clockwise until it finds home position)
Digit 2 (0 = in progress, 1 = harvesting completed, 2 = harvesting not completed). Doors must be closed.
NOTE: “Harvesting not completed” does not exit the step, but indicates the time-out of 70 seconds has passed.

Let us know what you get on Service Test - 57.

Jake

Mmhuot14

Thanks bigbuck.:)

E2 = Motor lost position. Ice maker did not find home during harvest and exceeded maximum attempts.
NOTE: Check for obstructions in ice maker. If none found, verify operation of the ice maker with Service Test 57.

Service Test - 57: Ice Maker Harvest
Press SW3 to activate a harvest sequence.
NOTE: Digit 1 displays the state of the sequence. Digit 2 displays the outcome of the sequence. Once initiated, the sequence cannot be exited.
Digit 1 (0 = heater and motor off, 1 = ice maker heater on, 2 = motor rotating clockwise until it finds home position)
Digit 2 (0 = in progress, 1 = harvesting completed, 2 = harvesting not completed). Doors must be closed.
NOTE: “Harvesting not completed” does not exit the step, but indicates the time-out of 70 seconds has passed.

Let us know what you get on Service Test - 57.

Jake
I keep getting 0-2 on the diagnostic. Please help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Please start a new thread with your model number.

Jake