WRF767SDHZ00 Freezer LEDs went out and now ceiling only LEDs not working right

Yellowbeard

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF767SDHZ00
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi all. I bought the prior model of this refrigerator as a return to Lowes a couple of years ago. I had nothing but trouble with it. I quickly figured out why it was a return. After a lot of back and forth with Whirlpool, they finally agreed to send me a replacement (the alternative was basically a total tear down and re-build of the original one I had bought, during which time I would have lost everything in the refrigerator).

The new model SEEMED far better and I was happy. Pretty soon, though, the lights went out in the freezer. I figured it was a switch or something but it wasn't THAT big of a deal (other than, you know, more evidence of shoddy quality). Then the LEDs in the ceiling ONLY (the unit has several LED modules) started to flicker, then soon went out. Actually, I can tell power is going through them, because they are glowing faintly, but they aren't really on.

Any advice? I am pretty sure Whirlpool is done servicing this thing. Needless to say, I will never buy another Whirlpool appliance again, nor recommend them unless something major changes. But I also am not really prepared to go out and buy another refrigerator immediately.

I DID try unplugging it and letting it reset. No luck, unfortunately. Any help would be appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
These LED lights run in series, like the old Christmas light bulbs, if one is bad the rest will not work.:)

Take the #23 LED module out from the bottom left side of your refrigerator section, and put it where your dead freezer LED module is and see if that makes them all come back to life.

Here's the parts diagram for your model:

The freezer LED module and #23 bottom left side refrigerator LED module use the exact same part number.

This happened to me on a local service call in Parker, Arizona and the new Freezer LED module fixed it all.

Here's that LED module:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, let us know how it goes.

Jake