WRF989SDA How to remove the freezer BIN, not the whole thing Whirlpool 5 door

AB Ross

Premium Member
Model Number
WRF989SDA
Brand
Whirlpool
greetings oh mighty appliance guru's!!

i have a whirlpool 5 door fridge (french upper doors, 2 quick access middle drawers, and the bottom freezer). thanks to my messy tween (who's spilled various things like juice, etc), i am trying to clean out the freezer, and need to actually pull the top freezer bin out to clean it. it acts like it wants to come out, but there's some kind of 'stopper' there.

i did see a post on september 30th asking this very same question, but it was never answered; it seemed to have turned into how to remove the actual whole freezer drawer.

so, with all that said... is there a way to get my upper freezer bin (not the WHOLE freezer drawer, lol!) out, so i can make my kid clean up her mess! (popsicle juice, ice cream dribbles, crumbs, blah, blah, blah).

Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I couldn't locate the instructions for you to remove it, but since its still under warranty contact Whirlpool at 1-866-698-2538 and they will email you the instructions.

Jake

AB Ross

Premium Member
Hey Jake! I've scoured the owners manual/installation guide and it only addresses the actual complete/whole freezer drawer assembly/removal, bins and all. But thanks for the 800#, I will give them a call!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then I don't know, I haven't taken one apart yet on this model.

Yes call Whirlpool at any rate and see what they say, or if its under warranty tell them its broken and won't come out and they will send a tech to your house for free. Then the tech will show you.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help AB, let us the outcome.:)

Jake