• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WRS325FDAM02 ice maker stopped working

delta1

Premium Member
Model Number
WRS325FDAM02
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi, I have a WRS325FDAM02 fridge and the ice maker stopped making ice. This happened about 2 months ago and it was a clogged water filter. It was overdue for replacement. Replacing the filter solved that problem. So, I assumed the filter had gotten clogged again, even though it was recently replaced. No water was coming from the water dispenser, so I assumed that confirmed the clogged filter theory. I removed the filter and the water dispenser started working again. However, the ice maker is still not working. I plan to pick up a new filter today, but I thought the ice maker would make ice with the filter removed?

Does the WRS325FDAM02 bypass the filter when it is removed for both the ice maker and water dispenser?

Update: I think I may have figured it out. It looks like the spout, where the water flows into the ice maker, was frozen. I think that maybe the clogged filter had gotten to the point where water flowed so slowly that it trickled out and froze, eventually freezing the spout and stopping it up. I unthawed the spout with a hair dryer. I'll give it some time to see if it starts working.

ice_maker_frozen_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Support Our Site

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation, please consider making a donation.

Back