• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WRS325FDAM02 Refrigerator and Freezer Lights Flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevlar45

Model Number
WRS325FDAM02
Brand
Whirlpool
The lights in the refrigerator and freezer in my 14 month old Whirlpool side by side are flashing like a strobe light.
Refrigerator and freezer are working properly. Ice maker works fine. Does make a noise when we get water from the dispenser.

Any ideas on the problem and a fix? Thanks,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I haven't run into this LED light flickering issue as of yet on these newer LED interior light designed models, but I did locate another person with this same issue and interesting enough the same age as your refrigerator.

It appears the LED light module is the problem.

Here's the link to what he mentioned and the LED light module part that he ordered:
WPW10515058 Light

Jake

Hank33

I'm having the same problem in my Kenmore Coldspot side by side, that is the SAME age! It would occur, then go back to normal lights, then happen again. When I finally got fed up with it enough to call the store where I bought it, who promptly referred me to their 800 number, it was 2 days past the warranty. I've seen this problem posted on several blogs, and even on the Sears site, but they claim to have no knowledge of this as a problem.

I'm happy to find a fix on your excellent site. I ordered the part - can you give a quick step by step to replace the LED light module? Do I have to go in through the back of the refrigerator? Thanks for the help!

Hank

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Hank,

I haven't replaced one of these LED light modules before myself, but from reading online, you first remove the LED light shield, then the LED light module looks to have two tabs that you have to release from it and it just drops down so you can replace it.

Jake

RL1966

Premium Member
Google directed me here after researching exactly the same problem that others have had - Whirlpool WRS325FDAM02, about 14mths old, so conveniently out of warranty when the LED lights starting misbehaving, and after a couple of weeks of not coming on or illuminating erratically, they eventually defaulted to the now-permanent "strobe" light effect. My question - with apologies for reopening an old thread - is there anyway of knowing which of the three interior lights needs replacing to fix it? There are two light units in the refrigerator side and one in the freezer, and all three are "strobing" in unison. These are expensive light units and to replace all three is almost the cost of a new refrigerator. Any thoughts, or at this stage am I better off just swallowing the expense of "getting a guy in"? Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
From my understanding you will just need to order this one:
WPW10515058 Light

That is the main LED module that controls them all.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake

Catherine H

How to

I have the same problem with the flickering LED light on my Kenmore fridge (same age too). I'm not handy - how do I remove the light cover? I felt around for a release switch for the cover but didn't find one. Pry it off with a screwdriver?

Thanks!

Catherine

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Catherine,

You first remove the LED light shield, then the LED light module looks to have two tabs that you have to release from it and it just drops down so you can replace it.

Use a thin flathead screwdriver to depress the tabs so the light will come out.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.