• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WRS325FDAM04 Whirlpool Refrigerator - ice maker (no ice)

Adman88

Premium Member
Model Number
WRS325FDAM04
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello, I have a whirlpool fridge WRS325FDAM04. The ice maker stopped making ice. I tried a few things to get it to work but it has won the battle so far and I’m out of ideas. The module wheel keeps spinning but I cannot get water to it. Here is a list of things I’ve done.

1. Replaced ice maker module as the old one wasn’t turning. But I found ice was frozen inside the maker and was binding it. Once thawed it started working (spinning).

2. Replaced water inlet valve. Checked for continuity on new valve just in case. It’s good.

3. Replaced water filter and housing.

4. Checked water pressure from house to filter it’s good. Blew through water lines and checked for ice clogs in water line at ice maker. It’s good.

5. Jumped ice maker module and I’m getting water flow to ice maker.

6. Removed ice maker assembly and defrosted after jumping module. The water froze.

7. The ice module wheel just continues to spin and the arm keeps resetting but I cannot get water in the ice maker.

8. Bypassed water filter by removing it.

Shawnryan111

Appliance Tech
Staff member
The icemaker will not run water until the thermostat trips. Since you get water in the icemaker when you jump it out I believe you have a bad thermostat. You can replace the thermostat but I would recommend replacing the whole icemaker.

Adman88

Premium Member
The icemaker will not run water until the thermostat trips. Since you get water in the icemaker when you jump it out I believe you have a bad thermostat. You can replace the thermostat but I would recommend replacing the whole icemaker.
Hello Shawnryan. Assuming the thermostat is built into the ice maker assembly?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.