• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WRS325FDAM04 Whirlpool Refrigerator - LED Freezer light not working properly

flamike

Premium Member
Model Number
WRS325FDAM04
Brand
Whirlpool
I noticed no light in the freezer about a week ago and lights slow to come on in the refrigerator. I took out and tested the freezer door switch, OK. I took out the LED module from the freezer and noticed no lights now in the fridge. I ordered and replaced the freezer LED module but still have no lights in the fridge. The new freezer LED's are very dim, I almost can't tell they're on. Any suggestions as to where to go from here?

Thanks for any help.

flamike

Premium Member
Thanks Rick, but I replaced the freezer LED module with a part number W10515057 REV G with a new LED module W10515057 REV J. and it still doesn't work. The new one only lights very dim and the fridge LED lights don't light at all. Is there a difference in the W10515057 and the W10515058? The original LED module I removed from the freezer was W10515057.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I replaced the freezer LED module with a part number W10515057 REV G with a new LED module W10515057 REV J. and it still doesn't work.
Because that's the wrong part . That's the lower LED module the one you need is the top LED module.

flamike

Premium Member
Thanks Rickgburton. I replaced the top fridge LED and all lights work now. I didn't realize the top fridge LED module included a DC power supply for all the LED modules in the refrigerator. It makes sense now. I have to say though, what a poor design! Cost me around $150 just to get the lights to work in the refrigerator! Is that suppose to be progress? The old refrigerator light bulbs were less than $5 and lasted a lot longer. This refrigerator is only 2 years old!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
LED's use a lot less energy .And each manufacturer does it different. It's a PIA!