• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WRS526SIAH00 Whirlpool Refrigerator Ice not dispensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

petschow

Premium Member
Model Number
WRS526SIAH00
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool WRS526SIAH00 refrigerator that is not dispensing ice. The ice maker is working and the ice bucket is full. I press the dispense and the flapper opens but the auger motor does not start. I replaced the auger motor and that did not fix it. I replaced the dispense control board and that did not fix it. What else is there that is involved with dispensing ice. Water dispenses ok. The dispense switch must be good if the flapper opens.

Any suggestions on what to check.
Thanks,
Jeff

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jeff,

Lets first check for Broken/frayed wires where the wire harness goes into the freezer door. This is very common when either the ice maker or auger motor does NOT work.

(click to enlarge)
FREEZER DOOR - b4.jpg

Lots of members have found frayed and broken wires causing the auger motor or ice maker to be dead. Remove your bottom kickplate grille, Remove the black wire harness loom too, broken wires can be underneath it.

Another member was having a similar problem here: FIXED: GSF26C4EXY02 Whirlpool Gold Ice Maker Problem Look at his post #6 he found frayed and broken wires underneath the freezer door.

Here's another one with the same thing about the frayed and broken wires: FIXED: 106.51173310 Kenmore elite ice maker not working - no led light

Here's another: FIXED: Whirlpool WSF26C2EXF01 Door Icemaker Not Working

Let us know what you find.

Jake

petschow

Premium Member
I checked the wire harness into the freezer. There were no broken wires and no missing insulation. All wires looked good. I attached my voltmeter to the plug on the auger motor and verified that it is not getting any voltage.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, on your main control board in the back of the refrigerator the Auger motor test pins are P3-7(BLUE WIRE) P3-8 (GREY WIRE).

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, make sure the doors are closed then have someone press the ice dispenser lever and see if you get 140 Volts DC between P3-7(BLUE WIRE) P3-8 (GREY WIRE) on the main control board.

Here's the main control board for your model:
whirlpool-cntrl-elec-w11088499-ap6284979_01_m.jpg

Jake

Attachments

• Service+and+Wiring+Sheet+-+W10373993+-+Rev+C.pdf
    650.8 KB · Views: 102

petschow

Premium Member
I can't figure out how to get to the circuit board. I tried to take the back off the fridge but I can't figure out how to get it off. I took off the cardboard piece at the bottom and see the water inlet valve. From the diagram it looks like it is above that but don't know how to access it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then its the board that's the problem, you need the full 140 volts DC.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The tech. data sheet says 140 volts DC. So something is odd.

When you get 120 volts DC to the auger motor do you feel it humming?

Remove the electrical connector to the auger motor and Connect an Ohmmeter across the 2 motor terminals and measure the resistance. The resistance should be approximately 210 Ohms plus or minus 10%.

GSF26 WFS26 Auger Motor Removal 2.jpg

Here's the auger motor for your model:
Auger Motor W11202789

Jake

petschow

Premium Member
There is no voltage to the auger motor so there must be a broken wire between the main board and the motor. I'll try to locate it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, refer to my post #2 and double check all those wires going into the freezer door for breakage.

Jake

petschow

Premium Member
I found out it is the gray wire between the bottom of the freezer and the auger motor. I don't see any breaks in the wire before it goes into the freezer door. I'd like to just run a new wire through the door but that doesn't look easy. I might be at the point to call someone to fix it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad you found the problem wire, hope you can fix it, or call a tech in to fix it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Jeff, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.