• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WRS588FIHZ Styrofoam behind EasyFlow air filter

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Isn't that weird!
I'd just use a sharp exacto knife and cut off the exposed ends where you can see the tape and forget about the rest.
What is the model#?

jeff.

pezplaya

I don't have a "model T" sound coming from the EasyFlow air filter, but it sounds more like a squeaking noise. Here is an audio clip. Not exactly sure what it is. Any thoughts?

Fridge model WRS571CIHZ00

InstantLegend

My Whirlpool refrigerator is making the model T sound. I ordered a new damper for it. Can someone please tell me how to install it? How does it attach to the side of the refrigerator? It has a piece of foam on the side where is goes against the inside of the refrigerator. I expected it to be self adhesive, but it isn't. I took the plastic cover off the old one and it is attached to the side, but there are no screws or anything holding it in place. I guess I just have to rip it off?

Thanks for your help!

C2LMU

Hey Jeff,
I was wondering if you have seen any posts regarding an unusual noise this damper control assembly/fresh flow air filter holder makes? Sort of sounds like an model T running and it runs the same amount as the condenser (maybe one in the same). I say unusual because I’ve never heard a noise like that coming from the inside of a refrigerator.
Attached a video.

View attachment 43525
Hi I have a Whirlpool fridge same noise and just had the Diffuser replaced. Part # W11164593. It was under warranty as I purchased the extra coverage. Took the technician 5 minutes to change it out. If I had not had the insurance, would have cost $205

MechEngVic

Premium Member
I just bought a WRS588FIHZ00 with the exact damper control, so just to be clear: Install the air filter over the styrofoam with the three small holes?

MechEngVic

Premium Member
Thanks! I was just confused because the fridge has the assembly but it didn't come with a filter. I chatted with Whirlpool and they are sending me one.